Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Discouragement

Today we received an email from the other side of the world. It wasn't really what we wanted to hear. There is a potential decision that I thought was a good thing. That it meant Ianna's file was at least on someone's desk, and her case was being worked on.

Instead I was told no, that is not how it will work. If this decision is made, it would make it possible for those in charge of her case to basically forget that she exists. She'll be taken care of, yet off their hands, so they can get on with doing work for other children more worthy of their time.

This decision will be made sometime in July (we're told close to the middle of July) My stomach is in knots thinking about it.  If this decision is made, it is highly unlikely we or anyone else will ever be able to adopt her. It's not supposed to be that way, but I'm told realistically that's what to expect.

After the death of Moses, in Joshua 1:9 God said to Joshua "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."


The only one I can appeal to is God himself. I have to keep reminding myself that just because something has always been done a certain way, doesn't mean it will be *this time*. That when I want to look around at all the things that could get in our way, I need to LOOK UP to GOD, because through Him all things are possible, even when some person here on earth says it is nearly impossible. Because for this one little girl, until someone closes the door, locks it, and throws away the key...until such a time...anything can happen.

That "anything" could be that one thousand people can pray a fire-storm of compassion to burn in the heart of the person or people involved in signing those forms.

Tonight I sent an email to the other side of the world, letting them know we are waiting....



1 comment:

  1. Oh I am praying! Praying and storming heaven and standing with you that God will MELT this mountain and this child will be granted LIFE outside the prison walls. Though they hold her file - it is GOD who is in charge of her LIFE!

    ReplyDelete