Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nesting

Now that we have a date, and things are rolling left and right, the nesting but has hit me. If you're new to the world of adoption, you may not realize that moms who are adopting next just like mothers who are pregnant! Its an interesting phenomenon!

Yesterday I felt the urge to clean a closet or paint a room. You'll be happy to know I resisted the urge to do either one of those things! HA! But today is a new day and I just can't resist some of the urges I have. I really am thankful God gives us these bursts of ambition to get things done that normally would continue to get shoved off to the side. Today I'm putting all our utilities and other monthly bills into my bank's bill-pay system so I can pay them all in one stop while I'm out of the country. I've been meaning to do this for awhile but keep procrastinating. Today I've finally gotten it done.

Next up is Angela's room. It is a disaster! There are things in there that she doesn't use or play with that just need to be gotten rid of, and other things that  need to be moved to the main play area for the boys.

Also on my agenda is to pick up a bed for "B". It feels real when the new child has a bed here! It also helps to explain to the boys, who have limited language, that soon someone else will be sleeping here.

I can't wait to find out what size "B" wears so I can get a few things for him. I have lots of clothes that Axel has outgrown that I'm sure will fit him. Actually, between Axel and Asher I have clothes from size 10 down to size 3, but still I'd like to get him just a couple of new outfits. Every child, particularly one coming out of an institution, deserves to have a couple things that have never been worn by anyone else!

Checking out the luggage situation, how many carry-ons do we have, etc.

Getting another medication dispenser for the kids. (this is needed for those who are staying with the kids while we're gone.)

I need to do something different with the laundry, only I don't know what. We utilize a "family closet" (like the Duggars do, only on a much smaller scale! LOL) and it really works well. I just need to figure out where "B's" clothes will fit in there. I guess I'll have to wait and see what size he's wearing. I also need to go through Asher's clothes again because that boy is growing out of stuff!

Clean out the bathroom linen closet.

Clean out the billiard room which, since we got rid of the pool table, has now become a storage room.

Move boys toy's downstairs or there isn't room for B's bed.

Type out, print and post the daily schedule, particular the comings and goings of kids.

Check all three school schedules to make sure the are no schedule late starts or days off while we're planning to be gone, and if there are we can schedule accordingly.

Loose 25 lbs.

I think that's about it! LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment