Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Monday, February 25, 2013

What's left?

This is the part I  hate about adopting. I hate the part about fundraising. It is HARD! It isn't pleasant to post it on my Facebook wall or my blog every day. The difficulty is increased by the fact we're following the laws of Serbia and cannot  post a picture of our new little guy. There is no adorable face for you to fall in love with. In the adoption world, pictures go a long way. We don't have a big organization advocating for us. Project Hopeful is graciously allowing us to fundraise through them, and I really don't know what we'd do without them. A handful of friends have posted links to our story, and for that I am very thankful because it is hard to do it alone.

But enough of the whining. God has always had our back and he does this time too!

 We have one big purchase to make on the US side and that is airline tickets. All the rest of our expenses are in-country (translation, transportation, documents, lodging, food) At this point in the adoption, all that's left to do is wait. We're doing some preparations at  home, getting B's bed ready, preparing the kids, going through the boys' clothes to see what we need. (Thankfully not much since I have everything from size 3T - 10's!)  The only thing left for me to do now is raise the last $2000 before we travel in 39 days.

If you're interested in our fundraiser, you can find it by clicking here. Please don't be afraid to share with everyone you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment