Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Sunday, March 10, 2013

It's Humbling

In 12 days we need to be booking our plane tickets. In 26 days we should be on that plane.

We are still $900 short.

This process is a very humbling experience. This morning I had a small tantrum right in the middle of the floor on Facebook. A stomping, kicking, ugly-cry kind of tantrum. And then I took a nap. Or tried to. Instead as I lay in bed holding my head that was pounding with a migraine while God reminded me of something. That it isn't about me. It is about B and all of YOU. 

I really need to thank a lot of people for the funds we have raised so far. If it weren't for you, we would not have raised $2,100 so far!

To Kyle Marsh, artist behind the ASL FAMILY artwork.

My good friend Hevel, who lives in Isreal, donated the Kindle. He has now made a new offer to the Kindle winner! (see #3 of his quick takes)

A thank you to Kim for donating the Scentsy basket.

To Marsha for donating the facial exfoliator. (If you haven't seen these things, they're quite awesome!)

My good friend Ronai contributed the Signing Time pack of DVD's. She is also graciously hosting an Origami Owl fundraiser.

I know there are MANY people who donated funds without entering any of the give aways. I cannot thank you enough. I would like to thank each one of you personally, but because some people prefer to contribute anonymously, I'll not be given a list of contributors. Please know I am grateful to each and every one of you.

To those who took the time to write out a check, put it in an envelope, lick it, seal it and put a stamp on it, then get it in the mail, I thank you. I honestly don't know the last time I put an actual piece of mail in the mail box, and I truly appreciate your effort. I know that as you did, it was with OUR family in mind. It is different. I know you prayed over that money and it wasn't easy to give away.

To my online friends who have shared our story, written words of encouragement and love to us, called when they knew I was feeling discouraged, I cannot thank you enough. Most of you have been, are currently or soon will be in the adoption process yourselves and I know you "get" the stress involved.

And still, there are more of you. There are people reading who contributed to our previous adoptions in the form of monetary contributions, prayer and support. You have seen us through. You prayed with me when I was feeling afraid. You have helped me 'think out loud' when there has been a problem to solve. You have helped me teach my children. You have loved them right along with us. You have accepted them. You have joined me for coffee at my table, you have commented here or on Facebook. Always there for us. You've always been there.

Thank you. To each and every one of you. Thank you.

(please note, if you arrived her via networked blogs, links to fundraisers buttons may not work. Log out of networked blogs and go straight to http://myianna.blogspot.com/  links to the fundraisers are on the right sidebar.)

No comments:

Post a Comment