Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Saturday, March 1, 2014

How to get on Serbia time

This is my seventh trip to Serbia. Every time I try so hard to do it "right", and get on Serbia time quickly. I still don't have it right, but Axel does!

We arrived at 4:00 in the afternoon. Although we were both exhausted and hungry, we had things to do right away, so I was able to keep Axel up until 9:30 pm. When I finally had him lay down to sleep, he was out in a matter of seconds. I stayed up until 10:30 when I finally climbed into bed myself.

The next thing I knew, it was 10:00 a.m.!! Axel was still sound asleep so I decided to just let him sleep. Unfortunately that meant I also went back to sleep, where I stayed until 12:30 when the phone rang. Oh man, I knew I was gonna be messed up!

Axel and I laid around the rest of the day. Sat out on the balcony in the fresh air for a bit (the wind was too cold) and just did a lot of nothing. At 10:30 I told him he had to go to bed and he looked at my like I was cray. LOL But he went, and was asleep in a few minutes. Fortunately he slept until 10:00 this morning. I, on the other hand, was still awake at 5:00 am when I finally forced myself back to bed! I expect the four hours of sleep I got won't last me very long.

Today Axel and I are going to walk around Kalemegdan Park. It will be good to be out in the fresh, 55* air! 

No comments:

Post a Comment