Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Monday, March 10, 2014

What's left to do?

If you're on my Facebook, you know that the kids and I have been really sick. The kids are running high fevers and I have tonsillitis…again. I brought antibiotics with me but they're not doing anything so it must be viral and not strep-induced. Swallowing is nearly impossible, and I can't even begin to describe the grossness that is my throat. If you've never had tonsillitis, imagine swallowing crushed glass laced with razor blades. That might come close to the kind of pain involved. Plus the very high fever. My friend/facilitator Z. walked into the apartment yesterday saying 'Oh my God its hot in here!" I had no clue, because I was freezing!

This did happen at a good time though, because right now we're in the waiting game. We are back in Belgrade. Today the final report was submitted to the ministry and then we wait for a signature from the head minister. Once we have a signature it will be a race to complete the adoption ceremony, get the birth certificate and passport, adoption documents translated, medical check up complete then do the Visa process at the Embassy. Once that is done we're on our way home! The ministry said, given the time constraints, we won't have to wait long for the signature. I'm hopeful we'll come home on Saturday the 15th (which is Dean's birthday!) but there is no way to know for sure until we have that signature. I just know everyone here would like us out of the way while they work with the next two families on their processes, so there is incentive to move us along!

No comments:

Post a Comment