Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Questions already!

I should have just started this post before the questions even started, knowing they were going to be coming. LOL

About the cost.....

Up until a year ago, Serbian adoptions were approximately $18,500. However, approximately $4,500 of that was taken off the top by the facilitator as her profit. That facilitator was also a state employee who had access to the files of children. Serbia has laws regarding state employees profiting off adoptions, and this facilitator is no longer allowed to have anything to do with adoptions.

So, that brings the cost of Serbian adoptions down to approximately $13,500, from start to finish. That's starting from scratch with a brand new homestudy, background checks, etc.

This adoption is not "from scratch". On my left sidebar you can see what we've paid so far and what's left to be paid. Also on the left sidebar is what we paid for Axel's adoption. You can also see the timeline for both adoptions, and as you can see, we're running just about the same timeline as we did for Axel's adoption, which puts us home before Christmas! WOOT WOOT!

Oh, I cannot wait to get a picture, or even a NAME! Right now he is just "L" to us.

2 comments:

  1. That's just fantastic! You know christmas is next month. Ok I just scared myself saying that haha. I think that is awesome you will have your lil one home soon. I'm so happy for you! I hope it wasn't rude to ask about the cost. It is good to have all the facts for when people ask me. I totally would have guessed 30,000 or more. Anyways congrats! Can't. Wait to see pics!! Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Can't wait to see pictures of L!

    ReplyDelete