Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Welcome everyone

I could start this first private post out as pure sewage, telling you all that has gone on the past few days, but it would serve no purpose. I want to give all the glory to God!!!!!!!

So...I AM HERE!!!! I arrived in Belgrade at 12:30 Saturday afternoon. I hit the ground running with the Schlorf family and we did some shopping, then came back to the apartment I'm sharing with the Schlorfs and slept the entire night. One would think the next day would have gone well since I slept all night but that would have been wishful thinking. The Schlorfs had orphanage visits to make so I was here alone and ended up sleeping most of the day. That was a huge mistake of course, because now my days and nights are completely turned around!

Today I went with the Schlorfs to take pictures of their adoption ceremony, which was wonderful and of course the photographer was sobbing behind the camera. LOL

Tomorrow is MY big day! I will meet with the Ministry to go over L's history, then we will all go to the orphanage right here in Belgrade where I will see our boy's face for the very first time. I keep going over in my head which of the many children I have already met that this could be. but really I have no idea.

I don't expect tomorrow's meeting to be completely smooth. This needs much prayer because the social center (which is like a county in the US) has been under the influence of one evil person. The reason I haven't ever gotten a picture of L is because of that influence. I am hoping it's because they're worried about getting in trouble like before and just don't want to release a picture of a child due to caution and not outside influences.

So please, sit back and relax, and enjoy the ride on my blog as our family enters into this new phase!

2 comments:

  1. Sit back and relax reminds me of the first time we headed out to Sturgis and as I was getting on the back of Kens bike he told me to just sit back and relax! It turned out to be one of many great journeys! I'm sure your wild journey will turn out GREAT! Praying for good to prevail!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I picked up my jaw off the ground...you are there already? I will be praying!

    ReplyDelete