Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Heavenly Herbicide

"But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure." Romans 8:25


I am working so hard on that "patience and composure" part. I have a long way to go in that area. Ack! Who am I kidding? I'm not even patient at all, and I can't even begin to describe "composure" to you. 


God has spent 14 years with me in this garden called "patience" and "control", making me pull weeds day after day, year after year. Just when I think I have the rows clear of all the weeds, I look over and new ones have sprouted in the first rows I did. I'm tired, hot, thirsty, and my back hurts. If I don't keep pulling the weeds, my garden will be choked out by all the weeds and that's all I'll have left. But if I DO keep pulling them, and doing what God has me set out to do, my garden will eventually produce some beautiful bounty, one that I can even share with others. 


Over the course of today I have watched a couple of families who participated in yesterday's fasting prayer get wonderful news! What a wonderful event that was to participate in. As I read their stories and prayed for their families, I thanked God for letting me see Him working in the lives of all these people, because it gives me hope for Ianna when sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all that lies ahead. Did you know doubt is fertilizer for weeds? It makes them multiply exponentially! Today my weeds were in the form of several emails, composed but unsent, to our facilitator on the other side of the world. I wanted to ask if she'd heard any news. That's not being very patient, is it? I know she will contact me as soon as she gets word. But doubt + fertilizer x weeds = unnecessary worry. 


Thankfully I never sent the emails. Instead they sat in my draft box...waiting....tonight when reality kicked in and I was able to comprehend what it was all about, I deleted them. I must be patient. I must go back to pulling the weeds, and praying weed killer on them! 

1 comment: