Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

hopeless

Today it all feels hopeless, just hopeless. And yet how can I have so little hope when everything God has said and done in the last 5 months and 4 days has been yes, yes, yes, and more yes? I am the one keeping the hope going for the two of us, and it is exhausting. I am the one keeping the faith about money and it is exhausting.

When things get in the least bit difficult, some people tuck their tails and run while others tie their rain gear a little tighter and lean into the wind. I'm headed to find my rain gear.

2 comments:

  1. ...hey, am still praying with and for ALL of your family. We have seen many miracles that say that God is in control. Want to share my umbrella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers Leah. Adoption is emotionally exhausting, no point hiding that truth. Yours has brought along extra challenges!
    But when you find yourself crying over a piece of paper (I did) you realize how emotionally spent and how much heart you have put into this.
    Want to let you know, I get it!

    Love this quote, sustained me through these days.
    “God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through.” Francis Chan

    And here is a link to a post about this :)

    http://elliestumbo.blogspot.com/2010/06/adoption-journey-of-faith.html

    ReplyDelete