Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Earthquake Update

Due to privacy issues I am not suppose to give information about where we're going until after Axel is officially ours, and yes, my blog is checked up on. Later, if I want, I can come back and edit, but for now it needs to stay this way, and can most certainly cannot be keyword searchable, so please accept my apologies for my cryptic posts. That said, it's obvious from the urgency of my post last night that the earthquake was VERY close to where Axel is located!

I received an email from our facilitator this morning. She is fine, but is in a different city approximately 75-80 miles away from where the quake happened. It was felt there, and they were a bit scared for a few minutes. There is another Reece's Rainbow family who I think is now on their way home. As far as I know our facilitator has not yet gotten word from Axel's social worker nor the foster family, however news reports are not saying anything about damage or injuries in Axel's specific town, so we are assuming he is fine.

Here is a link to some very specific information about the Earthquake, including distances from various cities. You'll see one city listed that is just 25 miles away. Please pray for that city!!!!!

Three hours after this quake, there was another almost as strong in Turkey. Also, Sofia, the capital city of Bulgaria is just to the south and sits on the same fault line. It too is danger as shifting in the area continues. We have several Reece's Rainbow families due to travel to Bulgaria very soon, and all must come and go through Sofia.

When we travel in a few weeks we will be spending some time in Axel's city. I'm not sure how many days, as it depends on several things. Needless to say, Dean and I are both very nervous about this. Dean  is not the most adventurous person and has volunteered himself to stay home with Angela! I told him no...he's going along. We're not going to let some little 'ole earthquake make him miss a once in a lifetime opportunity. Meeting Axel in his home country can only happen once. There are no do-overs.

Please pray for Axel, and his safety and well being. I'm sure he is confused right now as there is discussion happening around him of what is to come next month. Please pray for his foster family, that they can find the words to explain this to him. That they can do so with love. Please pray for their hearts as well as they prepare to say goodbye to the boy they've cared for the past 2 1/2 years. Please pray for their grandaughter, Axel's foster sister. I know she adores Axel, and I'm sure these conversations are distressing for her. Please pray for Axel's social worker as she prepares all the necessary papers! I know she does her best to make this an efficient and quick process. She has worked hard to keep Axel where he is currently, and to advocate for him to find a family. Please pray for our facilitator, who must play the middle person between MANY people involved! She makes all the arrangements and does an amazing job. Not to mention, she also has all the children in the care center to take care of! She wears many hats, and she wears them well.

Lastly,  Please pray for us, that we can have a sense of peace as we get ready to travel to the other side of the world to bring Axel home. I am extremely stressed right now as I think about all the things that need to get done before we leave, and all that must get done as soon as we get Axel home. I know every adoptive family goes through these same feelings. They are new to me, and they're overwhelming. Dean worries about the money side of things, because that's the part I gave him. I did all the paper parts!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for peace...all will be well.

    Is your iPad raffle still going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. iPad give away is still going! There's just a few more days to get your name in the hat!

    ReplyDelete