Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day 3: Pt 1

Two part post today. I know you only come here for the pictures or video, so I'll get those up, then take a much-needed nap before writing out all the details.


Now, here's an awesome video. He is using two signs together!!!
(sorry for my very "intense" face. I am constantly at the ready for him to lunge at something or smack things out of my hands!


And, these signs have MEANING to him. We went inside where it was snack time (Yay! More food!) and he signed "more" when his food was gone. "eat" because he wanted more of the snack, and "drink" when he wanted his cup of water. This was completely unprompted!!! He is already learning signs faster than Axel did. His method of communication is WELL established from his years in the institution, we have only given him NEW signs that will be understood by us as well as others when we get him home. 

4 comments:

  1. Love you and sending you protection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He will greatly benefit from your obvious experience!I can really see him coming to life when he gets what you are showing him. Thanks so much for all of the information here. It IS helpful, for those of us lacking in experience in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be heartbreaking seeing your child so starved for basic necessities! Breaks my heart to see how hungry and thirsty he is! As always, he will not be the only one benefiting from you experience. I always learn so much from what you share! bless you Leah and Dean. May god show you clearly what to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great video and I am crying like a baby! Something unexplainable breaks my heart.. Thank God and You for a happy ending of this sad story.

    ReplyDelete