Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Lemons or Lemonade?

Everyone who knows me personally, knows that I try to always find the good in every situation. There is humor to be found everywhere, and there is good in all things. This trip has been hard for me to find the humor, but I have found the good! The last 2 1/2 weeks here has been busy, frustrating, and downright worrisome at times because I didn't know what to do or how to handle certain situations. They have also been filled with the laughter and giggles of one amazing little boy.

To the families coming behind me your adoptions will be smoother than ever before. I didn't do anything to make this happen. I was only in the place God put me, and he did so knowing that I'm one to ask questions and follow my gut NO MATTER WHAT! You will not have to ask those questions, and you can feel confident knowing your adoptions will be handled with the utmost care.

My posts about wanting to come home had nothing to do with being homesick. Don't get me wrong, I miss home tremendously and am anxious for Dean to meet his son, and Angela to meet her brother. My wanting to come home was related to the people I was having deal with here, and the situations I was put on on a daily basis, making me feel quite uncomfortable. If not for that, this is a beautiful country, and I wish I could have spent more time just enjoying it for the sake of my son. This is his birth country, after all.

Thankfully I had the support of COCI here in country. If not for them things would have turned out very differently. BECAUSE of COCI I have every confidence I WILL get Ianna home, hopefully this spring, and there will be MANY more children coming behind her to their own families.

I have a couple more posts coming including all those questions I keep getting about Ianna!

No comments:

Post a Comment