Join Angela, Axel, Abel, Amos, Audrey and Asher as they welcome their new sibling home.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Questions Answered: Ianna

I can't count how many times people have asked about Ianna, and if we'll ever be able to adopt her. You don't know how badly I wanted to share what was going on! As you know, I arrived in country a couple days early, for several reasons, really. One of those reasons was to work on the Ianna issue.

Ianna was transferred to a foster home shortly before I arrived in country, but she is NOT lost! I know where she is, who is the social center in charge of her care, and the name of her social worker. While some people would have me believe that this is "top secret" information, I am not dumb, nor naive enough to believe the words of one person. And, I am resourceful, and I know how to find information, even on the other side of the world. I just needed to get connected to the right people. Thankfully God orchestrated all of that! God has amazed me time and time again throughout this process.

Back in July I submitted a family profile to one person, who I trusted to send it on to the appropriate officials. That was not done. Instead that person chose to play God, and never submitted the profile. That interference cause Ianna to not only have to go through being moved from a facility where she was comfortable and had formed bonds, but to also loose months that could have been spent in her forever family. As much as this person wanted me to believe "You just don't understand the system here.", I knew I was not being told the truth, so I went in search of it on my own.

I am confident that my adoption of Ianna will go through sometime in 2011. If there is *any* interference of that adoption by people who are dishonest and spiteful, they will only create more legal trouble for themselves, and they will be swiftly dealt with by the Ministry Officials in that country. They can consider themselves sufficiently warned.

I have developed some amazing friendships here in country, and they have been nothing but a blessing to me as I completed the adoption of Axel, and as I move forward with the adoption of Ianna.

10 comments:

  1. So glad to hear she is not lost. Will continue to trust that she will get home to you, and sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ianna will be home with us soon!! I know nothing will stand in our way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm sure the message was heard loud & clear. Just hoping that you were out of there prior to posting this. The Bell tolls for someone who's mattress is stuffed with cash, I hope she saved some ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so happy that you were able to get the correct information and do what is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful you will still be able to bring Ianna home. Will be praying for the process to move quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO happy to hear that you will be able to bring Ianna home this spring! I hope and pray that the person who held up her adoption is not allowed to do that again in the future. It is sad to think that one person could prevent Ianna from coming home to a family who loves her. I hope and pray the rest of the process goes MUCH smoother and that she is home a quickly as possible!
    Cristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh thank God... she will be safe with you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness. I was so worried when I read your post about her not being there. My heart sank. I thought she was transferred to an institution and she couldn't come home to you.

    SO happy to see you will be bringing her home.

    ReplyDelete